What costs can be claimed before a┬áLimited Company is formed? Question: “I am going to be starting contracting in the next couple of months as an IT consultant, through my own limited company. The company won’t be formed for about two months but I want to buy some equipment and software before then – will… Read More

Allowable expenses for the self employed We thought it would be useful to go through some of the most common allowable expenses that you can claim when you are a self employed freelancer. This advice is for Sole Traders not Limited Companies. This guide does not cover every type of business expense, just the ones… Read More

It is quite a popular option amongst our micro company, freelancer and contractor clients to work from a garden office, so we have outlined the tax implications of this below (this is for people trading through a Limited Company). Corporation Tax Your company can pay for the full cost of the garden office assuming it… Read More

If you are a freelancer / sole trader then you have to be careful with training and development costs to ensure they qualify for tax relief. Where the object of the training is to learn a new skill or qualification then you will not be allowed to claim this cost, nor can you claim associated… Read More

When you are self-employed you can charge your business for it’s use of your home, providing the costs are justifiable of course. We will do a post on how to calculate this in the future, but for now we want to let you know how you can charge your own Limited company rent as this… Read More